"For you formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them." - Psalm 139:13-16
Blog author retains full ownership and rights to all text, creative content, photographs, and story lines on this specific blog. Please do not use any content or photographs without the permission of blog author. This blog is primarily intended for the purpose of updating "RyleeBugGroupies" on Rylee and her family.
All comments are subject to moderation-anonymous comments will not be posted.


7.01.2008

Friends...

Bestest Friends

The princesses holding court. Sir Dylan came along with his grandmother, Lady Klara, to pay homage to the royal beauties. (Klara delivered all three of my girls)
The Davis and Carter families. Is it just me or do Rich and Aaron look sorta similar?
The girls spa party night. Olivia's Gammie sent all three girls matching pajamas.

The best buddies sharing secrets and downtime.
Thanks to Trish for their cool shirts and Mary for their princess dolls.


Since I last posted Rylee has turned four. The tiny, still infant that lay in pediatric intensive care-tubes and beeps everywhere-has, like her big sister before her, taught Aaron and I so much...grown us up more in the Lord, enlarged our hearts and minds. Our little girl is a toddler! Long, curly blond hair. Incredibly long lashes rimming big bright blue eyes so like her daddy's. Almost as tall as Ryann...and yes, it is official-she definitely makes chunky thighs look good! grin

We took Rylee off the ventilator after we were given the severity of her diagnosis-praying for a few days with her-to make memories, enough to last us all a lifetime. But God once again exceeded our expectations. We've had four years to laugh loud, live strong, love deeply. We have photos of vacations, a meeting with a Prince, rode rides at Disney. Snuggled together at bedtimes, caught Ryann 'decorating' her sister with stickers and markers, cried as she began to turn her head towards our voices. Meet strangers who astonish us with their desire to help our family, pray for us, love us all-strangers who have now become family to us. God has given Ryann the ability to grow up learning firsthand compassion and acceptance. Our family and friends have supported and encouraged us - not always knowing what to say - but popping up at all times with willing hearts, giving spirits, and a home cooked meal. God put wonderful medical staff in our lives - educating us and helping us give Rylee the best life possible. Rylee has taught us to take nothing for granted, brought us to our knees with wonder (and prayer), and continues to remind us of God's unconditional love for His children. We don't fear her disorder, the medical issues that come with her.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "~1 John 4:18~

Through Rylee we've meet other families in similar situations. The Carters brought home their daughter, Olivia, much the same way we did. Hoping and praying...daring to ask for a miracle, hoping for time with their sweet little girl. In four years Olivia's mom, Angie, and I have become confidantes, late night phone callers, email and instant messaging addicts, sounding boards and prayer warriors for each other, offering wide open mommy hearts...hoping to find a friend who truly understands...but somehow along the way became sisters of the heart...kindred spirits.
The Carters live in Maine and of course we'd never met. Part of their Make A Wish trip with Olivia was to celebrate the girls' fourth birthday together.
After four years we finally could hug each other-giggle and cry together. We put Rylee and Olivia's hand in each others. Laughed as they filled up Rylee's twin bed. Rylee turned to face Olivia and coughed all over her. Livie, deciding that real friends share everything...promptly sneezed right in Rylee's face. It's probably the only time Angie and I've ever giggled about someone else 'sharing' germs with our kids! Aaron and Rich spent time golfing while Angie and I gabbed all weekend. We had a wonderful party with good friends and family-lots of bubbles, a few happy tears, and plenty of spoiling for the girls. After all-they get no attention (grin). Ryann enjoyed having another sissy to love on-she was very protective of Livie and would go back and forth between the girls, making sure everything was just right. We had a few days to really get to know each other-in person-and to revel in having another family like us-who really understood everything. Seizures, medications, and therapies were bandied about over the dinner table as though we were discussing the latest football game or recent local news. It was fun to hold each other's child-without saying, "Um, her arm is dangling. Um, she's loosing circulation in her legs. Um, she can't breathe well when you hold her that. Aaaa, do you think you could lean her back a bit more?" questions that degenerate into the inevitable, "She's heavy isn't she? Let me take her off your hands." Rich knew just how to hold Rylee, and Aaron was the same with Olivia. And of course Angie and I couldn't keep our hands off the girls! They are so alike-even their hands smell the same! We of course know that-because we are actually like that dirty feet smell locked in their little fists. And yes, our husbands have informed us that we are weirdos! giggle
It was great to speak our minds knowing they got 'it,' fully understood our hearts and thoughts. We had such a wonderful time with this sweet family. I pray I can be available, encouraging to another mother-the way Angie has been to me. Our only regret? That the trip wasn't longer...and that they lived closer!

Hope everyone enjoys the photos-
please remember the Carter family as you pray for our own.

"A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere.
Before him, I may think aloud."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the songs had to get my tissues out!!! love the pics cant belive this Angel is 4 yrs old shes beautiful has grown so much since we were in last Fall.Praying as alawys Mary and Paul Lewis Fl.

Anonymous said...

Rylee, HAPPY BIRTHDAY from your Disney friends! Wishing you all kinds of magical Pixie Dust for your big day.

Ryann, Hope you are having a super summer!

We miss you all! Happy 4th!

Ben, Bekah & Boys said...

Happy Birthday, Rylee! We can tell you that you had a GREAT time - and you didn't have to worry about the boys breaking your presents or stealing your cake!

We miss you all, but are looking forward to a visit soon - hopefully! Lots to do here!

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! So glad to get the see the gals in their BFF shirts! I am so tickled that I finally got to meet RyleeBug and of course ALL of the Carters. Thank you so much for inviting us to the girls party. I had so much fun visiting with all of you and your family. I hope we will be on the next invitation list too! (hint hint!!!) I loved reading your entry to about the time you and Angie shared? I wonder sometimes if there is any greater gift that God gave us than a best friend? He quickly reminds me that there are but it is definitely one of the that He thought of! Thank God for the gift of friends & for letting you be one of mine!!! Glad you had fun while they were here & keep after 'em - maybe they will decide to relocate after all!!!

Love you, Trish

PS - Did you receive your little surprise I mailed you? Hope you liked it!!!

Anonymous said...

How blessed are we to have had this time together with our girls?!! Thank you so much for making our time with you so very special. We love you all so very very much.

Love,
The Carters

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryleebug, just want to thank you for inviting me to your and Sally Browns party.GLITTER is still everywhere, I had a great time, one that me and Billy-billy will never forget. Thanks to you we met some wonderful new friends of yours and we'll never forget them either. Ryann looked so pretty too in her red dress. You and your bestest friend were a big smash too girl and I love you so much. G.Sandy

Anonymous said...

What a sweet time for all of you!!!!!!!!!!
God always provides even in friends that understand and accept us as we are warts and all.
Praising God for you Rylee. You and your family have been an inspiration to many over the past 4 years.
Love, kisses, hugs and an abundance of blessings,
Ms. Pam

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryleebug, Just want to say I love you and I'm thinking about you right now. Was just checking to see if mommy had anymore journals added. I loved the music too. G. Sandy

Anonymous said...

The spiritual growth you have experienced since Rylee has been in your lives is evident. God knows who to entrust his special children with to look after and protect, to love and love, and love, and love, and to trust Him to help you through every moment. Ryann is special, too. A beautiful young lady with a huge heart and compasion beyond her years. I am so honored to know you and am inspired by the positive message you send out to everyone. Thank you for the BLESSING!!!!

Love you!
Angie Lewis

"For Thou didst form my inward parts; Thou didst weave me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from Thee, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth. Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Thy book they were all written, the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them."

Psalm 139:13-16