"For you formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them." - Psalm 139:13-16
Blog author retains full ownership and rights to all text, creative content, photographs, and story lines on this specific blog. Please do not use any content or photographs without the permission of blog author. This blog is primarily intended for the purpose of updating "RyleeBugGroupies" on Rylee and her family.
All comments are subject to moderation-anonymous comments will not be posted.


7.12.2008

Locks of Love gets two more twelve inch braids! This is Ryann's second time to give.


Ryann, Pastor Troy, and some of her new friends at Camp Joy.

Ryann after the 'slop'stical course - that is powder in her hair,
chocolate syrup on her mouth, and doughnut dust on her face.




Ryann and I just finished our church's young kids camp-Camp Joy. Last weekend she cut her hair just in time-another twelve inches for Locks of Love. We were told she's the only kid they've ever had to give twelve inches...twice...in just over a year. While the new haircut makes her look much older-Aaron and I are so proud of her compassionate heart and willing spirit. Speaking of hair, and turning back to Camp Joy, since I'm not quite ready to send Ryann as an overnighter, she was a daycamper this year. Not wanting to leave her, but also not wanting to be in the way, I told everyone I was available to do the stuff no one else wanted to do. Last year that involved mucking out bathroom stalls with some of the other moms...and screaming as wood roaches clamored out of the drains. This year I had a new posse and a new job...once again involving pests. I can now add another job description to my mommy resume-lice checker. Ah, life is so glamorous! giggle Ryann made some new best friends, or as she calls them in her 'teenager voice'-BFF's.
Ryann, Miss Ashley, and Sierra

Ryann's first ever award!

She also learned to run obstacle courses, climb up a tarp covered in syrup and baby oil, run with inner tubes around her, and discovered that being dirty is actually pretty fun. She's always been very particular about her hygiene routine...after two hot sticky days at camp she fell asleep in bed, fully clothed with about an inch of dirt and grime on her feet, stuck between her toes. We had a great week and enjoyed the time together. Rylee decided to stay home with her professional spoilers and beat the heat. Camp Joy also taught me the importance of letting my little girl fly. It's pretty much common knowledge among those who know me well...I'm a helicopter...I hover. It's not that I worry as much as I just want to experience everything with her as she learns and grows. Please pray that I can find a good balance-encouraging her and letting her take her own leaps and bounds. Pray that God will continue to put wonderful people in our lives that I can trust to help her achieve any goals she may have now and in the future.


Aaron and I enjoyed some much needed 'husband-wife' time this weekend. We went to Blennerhasset Island-checked out the historical landmarks, rode bikes, had a little picnic, took the scenic tour on the ferry boat. It was wonderful to spend time with Aaron. We love our girls so very much, but every once and a while - we need a little break from the day in and day out of work, work, and more work (for him) and diapers, dishes, and no sleep (for me). I think we realized how much we need this time to ourselves-to refresh and reconnect-and will try to start doing 'date days' more often...as in often I of course mean, more than once a year.

The captain loaned me his hat...and the wheel!

Rylee continues to be stable-good clear breathing, growing in leaps and bounds, and becoming more and more alert. While we know she will never walk or talk-her medical improvements are comparative to taking first steps. Every time she coughs and clears her own secretions or moves her head to locate a familiar voice it improves her quality of life. We continue to be amazed at her progress and thankful for time to make wonderful memories with her. Summer is a great time for us-park visits, swimming, church, going out to eat with friends, backyard play dates. Except for the heat, she does great outside and we generally don't have to be as concerned about germs. We go into house arrest around the fall through early summer to protect her immune system-so we cram alot into our few summer months. Please continue to pray for her overall health and comfort level-and wisdom as Aaron and I, and her medical staff make decisions.


Rylee getting a workout from her physical therapists.

That's all for now...hope everyone enjoys the photos. Know that we are all living life to the fullest and encourage each of you to live life...'more abundantly...'
We've learned through Rylee and Kaymaen that the length of your life isn't as important as the depth of the life.
Live full, love hard, and laugh loud!

"...dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:12-17


The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon,
but that we wait so long to begin it.
-Winston Churchill

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing little parts of your family on this site. I brings smiles and tears and most of all so much encouragement to my soul. I loved the pictures of Ryann at camp! I noticed her new hairdo and the fact that she so proudly gives it to others in need through locks of love! Have a great rest of the summer making memories with your girls. You all have been prayed for today!

Becky Mitchell

amie said...

love the pics of my studdyly brother and beautiful neice!!
but more importantly i am sooo glad you and aaron got to have "married" time
you deserve it!!!
love you

Anonymous said...

Love hearing about your families adventures through life. I can relate to the "couple time" and yes, it is so much needed. Make sure you schedule it (as I know I have to schedule ours) more often. You should be so proud of those girls of yours! Would love to see you in all your memory-making this summer!

Aim

Williams said...

You know Ryann's going to hate you for that picture, don't you? :-) Rylee looks like she's smiling at her therapists! I would make some comment about you and Aaron and alone time - BUT since this is a public forum I will refrain. ;-) Love ya!

"For Thou didst form my inward parts; Thou didst weave me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from Thee, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth. Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Thy book they were all written, the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them."

Psalm 139:13-16