"For you formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them." - Psalm 139:13-16
Blog author retains full ownership and rights to all text, creative content, photographs, and story lines on this specific blog. Please do not use any content or photographs without the permission of blog author. This blog is primarily intended for the purpose of updating "RyleeBugGroupies" on Rylee and her family.
All comments are subject to moderation-anonymous comments will not be posted.


7.25.2008

This week the Lord has really burdened my heart as a mother. I struggle daily as I try to grasp God's sovereignty in the midst of my everyday life. How do I convey what we've learned to those around us? How do I teach my five year old to have joy even in the midst of great heartache? Can I...am I, reflecting His glory as we love and care for Rylee?

There are so many people struggling, painfully making their way through life.
What worth does faith have in a materialistic world?

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

We get so focused on what we can't prove scientifically or physically grasp.
In that single mindedness we forget that the important, valuable things in life are just that-intangibles...'incapable of being perceived by the sense of touch, not definite or clear to the mind.'

Love, hope, faith, trust, peace, thankfulness, contentment,...

Sometimes, in the midst of the hurt, the pain-when your soul cries out for His mercy and grace...when your head knowledge of His Word can't seem to find its way into your breaking heart...in the stillness of prayer you can almost feel it...
He's there, wrapping His arms around you, lifting your burden.


And you remember, this is what it feels to be held.



Many times, I will add a post - trying to be honest with my emotions. The turmoil of my private thoughts and prayers can be difficult to see written down. When I posted this entry last week it was with a heavy heart for a dear friend. Many of you know of our special friendship with the Carters. They are going through a very difficult time right now...grieving the loss of a child already named, wanted so desperately. Please remember this sweet family in your thoughts and prayers. Words cannot begin to articulate our hurt for them. Pray they will feel God's mercy and grace...and a peace that passes all understanding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... What more is there to say?

Just that I love ya!

Trish

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your heart! Wow! I am inspired by your faithfulness. You have been prayed for today!

Becky Mitchell

amie said...

love you sweet friend! i am praying for you
love,
amie jo

"For Thou didst form my inward parts; Thou didst weave me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from Thee, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth. Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Thy book they were all written, the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them."

Psalm 139:13-16