"For you formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them." - Psalm 139:13-16
Blog author retains full ownership and rights to all text, creative content, photographs, and story lines on this specific blog. Please do not use any content or photographs without the permission of blog author. This blog is primarily intended for the purpose of updating "RyleeBugGroupies" on Rylee and her family.
All comments are subject to moderation-anonymous comments will not be posted.


7.16.2008

We plead guilty...to temporary insanity!


Now, most parents will admit to becoming immune, at some point, to their child's 'look.' You know the one...mouth puckered, big eyes, head tilted...it is as though a magical spell momentarily robs you of your sanity. Then when they say, "But, I promise, I'll take care of it!" you for some reason believe them. On reflection you wonder what robbed you of your intelligence. Especially when you consider that they can't read or tie their shoes...but in that moment, you think to yourself, "Maybe she really could take care of a pet."
Now, all you readers know about the demise of Doe, Ray, and Me-Ryann's goldfish from WalMart. Deciding we needed something with more staying power, we went through the list. Tadpoles turn into frogs and you have all that water to keep clean. Hermit crabs...yeah, not really movers and shakers. Turtles and rabbits, well they kind of stink. A cat claws things and of course could climb onto counters or up on Rylee as she sleeps. Mice...don't think so.
So...what of course does that leave? Yes...a dog.

Now I will be the first to admit I'm not a pet person...let alone an indoor pet person. Keep in mind that I already have one butt (albeit a cute one) to wipe-why would I knowingly submit myself to house training a dog you ask? Take one look at the picture below and I think you will understand. Temporary insanity.


Ryann and Rylee decided to name the little pooch, 'Princess Sophia Fluffy Hallelujah Davis.' Aaron's first comment, "Seriously, couldn't you have at least gotten a boy dog? I'm surrounded by women!" His second comment involves a mental picture that I relish telling. Imagine my manly husband, teaching this tiny little dog how to pee outside. Then imagine him calling her inside..."Princess Sophie, Princess Sophie, come here doggy!" I laughed until my sides hurt. Aaron's a good sport, but needless to say everyone has nicknamed the pooch 'Sofers.'

Sophie is very sweet with the girls. In the few days we've had her we've noticed she is very interested in Rylee's wheelchair. We let her lay with Rylee in the evenings, under our close supervision. She snuggles up in the crook of Rylee's arm (the dog is hypoallergenic and will only grow to five pounds) and settles in for naps. When Rylee has a seizure she will lay very still and lick Rylee's hand until it's over. Rylee likes the feel of her up against her and generally the two fall asleep together. Ryann has been taking care of all her needs. It's amusing watching them play and run together. Ryann runs around the corner, Sophie fast on her heels...until Sophie trips on her head and spins out. Wanting her to fully experience her first real pet we are also making her clean up after Sophie. Let me tell you, the first number two Sophie made in the house was a real treat! Aaron and I made Ryann clean up...you would have thought she was Chicken Little and the sky was falling! After tears, pleading, and bargaining she finally cleaned up-and since then has been taking total care of Sophie.



Hope you all enjoy the pictures. Aaron and I were sold when we saw how sweet she is with our girls and I like the late night company. She's good therapy for all of us.
(But I really hope to have her house trained...soon!)

6 comments:

amie said...

you are the best mommy ever!!! that dog is adorable! and how sweet to see her with the girls. you will be rewarded for your insanity!

Anonymous said...

What a great addition to your family. Sofie is adorable. Try the puppy pee pads - they make potty training so easy. We didn't know about them when we got Millie but bought a "pet taxi". We put her up while we were gone or during the night and let her out as soon as we got up or home. She literally trained herself and 8 years later still is! Good luck & Congratulations! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures, especially the ones of Sopie keeping an eye on Rylee! I think she will be good for all of you! Keep us posted!

Love, Trish

Anonymous said...

Oh my....that little puppy is sooooooo cute! Not as cute as Rylee curled up on the couch though! Have a good week~ your friends here in HOT HOT HOT Washington State!

Anonymous said...

FUNNY FUNNY! Guess what? Our dog.. is also named SOPHIE! TOO FUNNY! I am not a dog lover either.. but they are very good with the kids! She looks adorable with Rylee and Ryann!! Good Luck! Love you all! Aunt Beth

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you guys yesterday. I can't believe how much Ryann and Rylee are growing up! They are both so adorable.. and Rylee's hair! WOW!! It is beeeutiful!! This "OLD..DECRIPT WOMAN!" loves you guys! Aunt Beth

Anonymous said...

Princess Sophie is adorable!! We have two little ones of our own and couldn't imagine our life without Bella & Bear now. They are wonderful with the kids and great for me on those nights when Les is out of town again. The girls will enjoy this little one so much!!

"For Thou didst form my inward parts; Thou didst weave me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from Thee, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth. Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Thy book they were all written, the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them."

Psalm 139:13-16