Aaron and I spent our ninth anniversary out of town. We headed to New River Gorge for a long weekend. While it was tough to leave the girls (thanks MaMaw Vivian!), we had a wonderful time. Our cabin was perfect-secluded and quiet, and we really enjoyed all the hiking trails down in the gorge. The above photos show the old mining town of Kaymoor. It's strange to just come across an old mining town-odd to stop and imagine the people who lived and worked in this town.
We walked about six miles in (forgot our water) and realized we had to go down 800 steps to actually reach the abandoned town.
The view of the bridge made the hike well worth it.
The weather was perfect and we had a wonderful time!
We drove up Rt. 60 for the ride home, hitting all the old towns and getting cool pictures alone the way. Aaron and I had a great time being kids again.
West Virginia...wild and wonderful!
4 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Your pictures are awesome...really, they are! They look so professional! It makes me want to visit West Virginia.....Take Care and keep in touch!
Glad you were able to get away for your anniversary! From the pics, it looks as if you had a great time! It is an encouragement to see ya'll take time out for yourself in the midst of your busy lives! Prayers and thoughts to you all!
Beautiful photos! Glad you had a great time, I can only image how wonderful it was in person! The pictures are worth a thousand words! Stacy
Glad you two had such a good time but didn't you know that when you went down 150 steps that you'd eventually have to come back up??!! (smiles) Oh, to be so in LOVE. The pics are great. I noticed one of you and Aaron on the rock with about a 3 mile drop off-boy are you gonna hear it from your mom. I would scream at you until everyone in Reno would hear me. Glad you are back SAFE. I miss you all, and love you alot. Take care and remember "I have now locked my backdoor because you don't come over anymore" heehee
God Bless You and Keep You Happy. Love ya, G. Sandy (I can't figure out the name thing, come over and show me OK until then I am
ANONYMOUS. xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment