"For you formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them." - Psalm 139:13-16
Blog author retains full ownership and rights to all text, creative content, photographs, and story lines on this specific blog. Please do not use any content or photographs without the permission of blog author. This blog is primarily intended for the purpose of updating "RyleeBugGroupies" on Rylee and her family.
All comments are subject to moderation-anonymous comments will not be posted.


11.28.2011

"Me soon come..."



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPWgSISdYRc

Sharing a brief video from my March Jamaica trip with the Nehemiah Project.
Had the opportunity to meet this little guy at CCCD Jamaica. He is five years old, but had yet to learn sign language. But really-who needs language of any type when you have expressions like him?! What a pleasure to share something so simple-and to see the joy he recieves from it.
Was also blessed to visit six public schools, another deaf school, and an orphange during my visit. Shared Rylee's life verse from Psalm, explaining how God made each of us unique-and that our differences are actually what make each of us so special. Took down some snow from WV-which the kids and teachers all loved-to illustrate how, like us, each snowflake is different, unique, and beautiful.
Had the opportunity to meet two amazing moms caring for beautiful little girls, like our Rylee. God allowed us to assist with linking them up with a local rotary club who gave each girl their first wheelchairs-and their first opportunity to be mobile, up and about. Planning to go back down this month to surprise them both with all-terrain strollers so that the girls can enjoy community activities and attend their doctors visits despite washed out roads, and crazy Jamaican taxi drivers!
So excited and thankful that God has allowed me to share a small part of these little girls' lives.
While we know firsthand one can never outgive the Lord...man, it's sure fun trying!
God is good...all the time!

Special thanks to Jerry & Carol with the Nehemiah Project for making my first overseas trip so easy and enjoyable (minus the straw market!), Pastor Cletus and Tammy-missionaries in Jamaica for picking up SweetPea and letting me meet her and her sweet momma, Michelle and the local rotary club for all their hard work and dedication, and each person here at home who prayed for and supported my trip in numerous ways. "much love"

1 comment:

Katie Gansman said...

Hi not sure if you remember me it has been a long time. I met you while you were order Enfamil for Riley. Things have greatly changed in my life but ya'll have held a special place in my heart through it all. I was introduced to a young lady on FaceBook with special needs and thought of my dear Riley and your family. I read your blogs and tried to catch up. I am so happy to hear ya'll are well and you have started on the house! The video of your Jamaica trip made me smile! I hope to hear from you soon! You can email me at katiegansman@yahoo.com or find me on FB @ Katie Cron Gansman. Wishing you many blessings!

"For Thou didst form my inward parts; Thou didst weave me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from Thee, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth. Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Thy book they were all written, the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them."

Psalm 139:13-16