For those not "in the know," Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram feeds are flooded each Thursday with #ThrowbackThursday photos that generally involve horrendously bad hairstyles and ridiculously mismatched haberdashery.
We decided to kick off the first #ThankfulTuesday with someone who's been in Rylee's life since we brought her home.
“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
I won't give you the long, dramatic, three hour Gilligan's Tour about how Mr. Rick came into our life...what's more important is that we can't really remember a time when we didn't know him.
He will more than likely be mortified when he sees this post on the blog (Hi Rick! See you soon!
In his town, anyone will tell you Mr. Rick wears a lot of hats. Most know him as a pharmacist, owner of the soda shop, the town mayor, and of course the crazy Pumpkin House guy.
We are fortunate to know him as a humble man of integrity, quietly going about his work with a smile on his face and a kind word for everyone he meets.
In the ten years we've known him he's encouraged us, prayed for us, and been a friend. After filling a prescription it's not uncommon for him to check in a few days later - just to be sure Rylee's on the mend.
I wish I could more eloquently convey what his continued friendship and thoughtfulness means to us.
Rick,
thank you for going out of your way to make each customer feel important, as though we all are part of your family.
To your sweet, crazy, fun employees (especially Carolyn, Heidi, and Ms. Tubbs) we love swinging through to see you each month, in spite of the drive.
(And seriously your corn dogs rival those at Camden Park!)
You exemplify the best of small town living.
"We raise our strawberry shakes to you sir!"
"A hearty 'here-here', and um, can I get a refill?"
Proverbs 17:17 - "A friend loves at all times..."
2 comments:
I've only had the pleasure of meeting Mr Rick, Carolyn, and the rest of the crew once - and I was impressed!!! Not only by their Cokes (yummo) ....but by their kindness! On Thankful Tuesday - I'm thankful for people who have been put in Rylee's life who have just gone above and beyond!
Isn't it such a blessing when the special people enter our lives?! They are simply being themselves, all the while lifting us up,making our lives a bit happier.
Love you all!
Post a Comment