"For you formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them." - Psalm 139:13-16
Blog author retains full ownership and rights to all text, creative content, photographs, and story lines on this specific blog. Please do not use any content or photographs without the permission of blog author. This blog is primarily intended for the purpose of updating "RyleeBugGroupies" on Rylee and her family.
All comments are subject to moderation-anonymous comments will not be posted.


12.21.2007

Ryann, in pajamas, at school. "Polar Express" day...complete with a conductor.

Me and sissy.





Rylee hanging out at the "girls night."

Ryann and Hannah are five and six..and Rylee's almost as tall as them!



Hannah (Angie's daughter), Ryann, Angie (founder of the LadyBug Club), and Rylee

Hard to believe the year is almost gone. So much has happened this year...not the least of which is healing. While holidays are still very bittersweet for us, we are so thankful for our week with Kaymaen, another additional year with Rylee, the growth and maturity of Ryann.
We've had a busy few weeks. I saw a friend tonight, a dear "Valley girl", who asked if everything was okay. Quickly reassuring her, she said, "I check Rylee's post every day and you haven't written lately." It's such a joy to know that so many people still check in on us, still care, still pray for us daily. Amazing more to know that people would take time out of their own hectic schedules to read some little thing I've written. Thank you for "listening", er, reading.
Ryann is out for the holiday break. A group of parents went in and re-enacted the "Polar Express." Of course, yours truely dressed up as the conductor...complete with moustache and Boston accent. I think all us moms enjoyed it as much as the kids. As I left the morning party, Ryann rushed up and whispered, "I know you are really my momma. Will you tell yourself that you are the best mom ever?" I went and pumped gas (you should have seen the people stare) and headed over to CHH Peds floor. Halfway there got a call that RSV was on the floor. So, I didn't get to do the story for them. I compromised and stopped off at Ryann's old school and did it for last year's teacher. Then hopped into the special needs classroom and did a photo op! It was so much fun to get grins out of the kids. They especially loved the train whistle. Then, I raced home to clean up for the afternoon party. One long shower, during which I think I ripped the moustache off strand by strand!, later-I was headed back for the last hoorah. Ryann made out like a bandit. I had to help her carry all her loot and crafts in.
Rylee is finally getting all of her therapists lined out. It's still confusing who comes from Waiver and who comes from the school-but I'm learning. We've been relieved and pleased with the care the school board has given her. Her teacher has a special needs child of her own. Mrs. Lisa seems especially sensitive to Rylee's needs, and is constantly striving to think outside the box. Mrs. Terry takes care of speech through the school and loves to spoil Rylee with dum-dum suckers and other gadgets. Sherry is back on our team, and has been teaching me about fascia release and how tissue can affect structure. Very interesting to learn new things, and see how it relates to Rylee's specific needs. We still don't have a physical therapist or a night time nurse-please continue to pray in this area. Rylee continues to do well. Her thighs are chunking out nicely (compliments of Enfamil). We tease her and say we are putting her on Jenny Craig at the first of the year! Aaron and I had a great time Christmas shopping for her this year, and can't wait to try out some of her new therapy toys.
I'm still volunteering time when needed at the hospital. It's means alot to me that the medical staff trusts me enough to help families. It feels like I'm helping Rylee and Kaymaen count...like sharing our experience and knowledge may impact and make a difference in another family's life. Please continue to pray that I will have a willing, compassionate heart and that God will open more doors for us to help others. Also, pray that our special needs nursery at church will grow. Rylee and Mason are ready for more playmates!
Aaron works constantly as always. Between work and his work at church things have been a bit hectic to say the least. We did fit in a date night last weekend. Attended a friend's wedding, then the reception at the Frederick. We had a great time visiting with friends we don't see often and just being together with each other. I only called once to check on the girls! Aaron has been fielding some of Ryann's more amusing comments. When he got back from D.C. a few weeks ago-Ryann had saved 'em all up for him. Right out of the gate, she side swipes him with, "Dad, we gotta talk, this is serious. My boyfriend wants to take it to the next level." Before he collapsed, I put his tongue back in his mouth and told him to stay calm! (You should have SEEN his face! grin) Seeing her Daddy's looks of sheer terror, she quickly reassures him with, "But don't worry Dad, I told him I'm not ready for that type of commitment." All's well in the house again! giggle
I will try to post pictures again soon. And thank you for checking in on us, and continuing to pray. This has been our best year with Rylee yet...seems like each year gets sweeter.
The Fam

4 comments:

Ladybug Service Club, Inc. said...

It was great to see you guys! I wish we could visit more often. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas for Ladydybug Club. We are planning a terrific 2008. Have a very Merry Christmas

The Fitzpatricks said...

Deb, I so love to read your thoughts and happenings. As Angie said, wish we, too, could visit more than we do. Life is hectic enough and especially so at the Holidays...hard to believe another year has gone by. Ryann cracks me up and even more so are Aaron's reactions! I look forward to talking with you soon. Have a most blessed Christmas!
~Your dear friend, Mary (and gang)

Anonymous said...

Deb,
You always speak to my heart! Your family is my hero and I strive to let the Lord's light shine through me, but I'm never up to your caliber! Kiss the girls and have a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS! You remain in our thoughts and prayers throughout the year!
Missy, Grey, Cameryn, and Claire

Anonymous said...

Ryleebug, Deb, Ryann and Aaron,
Really like your new blog. Pictures are really great and I enjoy reading your journals often. Glad your date with Aaron turned out so good. You need more of that time......
Love all of you, hugs to the girls.
Happy New Year to you all. I love you!!

"For Thou didst form my inward parts; Thou didst weave me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from Thee, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth. Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Thy book they were all written, the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them."

Psalm 139:13-16