"For you formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them." - Psalm 139:13-16
Blog author retains full ownership and rights to all text, creative content, photographs, and story lines on this specific blog. Please do not use any content or photographs without the permission of blog author. This blog is primarily intended for the purpose of updating "RyleeBugGroupies" on Rylee and her family.
All comments are subject to moderation-anonymous comments will not be posted.


3.10.2008

Disney...here we come!

I finally broke over and took Ryann and her buddy to see "Hannah Montana."
Times I was begged...countless.
The girls behavior...faultless.
Sneaking healthy snacks into the theatre....effortless.
Watching the girls during their first 3D movie...priceless...and hilarious!




As many of you already know-smack in the middle of Rylee's PICU stay last month, we got a call from Disney. Aaron almost hung up on the lady, thinking they were selling timeshares! Still not completely sure how we were chosen, but the DreamTeam sent us seven day park hopper passes. Their timing could not have been better...Rylee was so very sick...to have something to look forward to was such a blessing. In true Disney fashion, they went above and beyond to help us get down there. When Aaron explained Rylee was in PICU they overnighted a gorgeous care package for the girls-nightgowns, Minnie's (Rylee's nurses loved hers!), pillows, activity packs, and Ryann's favorite (drum roll please) autographed photos of the princesses. Ryann started screaming at Rylee, "Look Rylee, they know our names and can spell them!" Thankfully the dust has settled, and Rylee is doing amazingly well, praise the Lord. But, Rylee's intensive care stay just reminded us again of how fragile life is-how precious our time with her is. I started searching deals on lodging, trying to figure out how we could get down there quick, while Rylee is well. I called Disney reservations, just to get an idea of costs. During the conversation I mentioned why we were coming and what type of accommodations we would need for Rylee. Once again, the Disney folks bent over backwards to take care of us (Thank you Ms. Etta!). Not only did we get a great deal, we'll have space for all of Rylee's equipment. Aaron slipped and told Ryann, who then took it upon herself to give Rylee all the details! (see below photos)
Rylee was sick from the plane ride during our Make A Wish trip. While we still had a wonderful time, most of our trip was spent worrying about the flight back. This time we are driving and have plenty of days to enjoy all the parks at our leisure. We also left ourselves two bonus days to enjoy the pool at the resort (and to give Rylee a break) and to see our friends at Give Kids the World. And of course, we cannot wait to show Rylee off to the VIP Lounge at the Magic Kingdom (look out Alexis and Matt, we are on our way!) We are thrilled to have another opportunity for a special, memory making vacation with our girls.





Ryann telling Rylee about our Disney trip (she does this every night!).
The girls are wearing their goodies from the DreamTeam.



One more kiss good night.
Looks like Rylee is ready to follow in her sister's footsteps. Locks of Love by the summer?


Final preparations are being made for "Rylee's Rally", held this Saturday the 15th at Marshall University's Student Center (10am-2pm). While it was slow going at first, the community has really become excited about the event. We have around thirty vendors now, but expect more this week. Many area families have asked about the day and plan to attend with their children. Rylee's PICU doc is planning to attend as a clown and balloon artist along with face painting, Mrs. West Virginia (thanks Gretchen!), and some of the MU football team. I will have a crazy week this week. Please pray things go smoothly and we get everything accomplished by Friday night. This is such a great opportunity for everyone. The vendors get to actually meet the children they help. The families get more information and access to resources they need. And we get to make sure Rylee makes a difference. We've been so blessed, it's great to have the opportunity to turn around and help other families like our own. I'd really like to take sissy with me, but it will depend on the weather. Pray for that too. Many of the families have kids with a weak immune system, and won't be able to come out. We want a balmy spring day! I'm a bit nervous to take Rylee out, but would really like everyone to meet her and better understand why we thought of "Rylee's Rally." A family from the northeastern part of the state would also like us to have the fair in their neck of the woods...I know I'll sleep someday, but I guess I'd rather wear out than rust out, right?! It's a good thing I'm probably slightly (no comments from the peanut gallery! grin) ADHD.
Another note and I'll add photos, feed Miss Rylee, and go to bed. I awoke Wednesday morning to what I thought was Rylee fussing for me. I was a bit surprised at how loud and consistent she was, so quickly got up and started into her room. Ryann was sitting in bed with Rylee, brushing her hair and talking softly. What I thought was just Rylee, was actually the two of them making the same noises. Ryann looked up and said, "Don't worry momma, I speak 'handicap' now. Me and sissy have been chattin' it up." She then snorted at Rylee, who returned her piggy noise, and told me, "Yep, Rylee's hungry." Once again my girls remind me of how blessed I am and that I have much to be thankful for and proud of. God has certainly used the girls to grow us up more in Him, enlarging our minds and hearts along the way.
That's all for now. Let me know if you'd like to volunteer on Saturday. And, please plan to attend, even if you don't have a special needs child. It will be great for area families to see all the support-not everyone is as spoiled with attention as we are! I'll be sure to post our success story this weekend.
Much love and thanks for always remembering us-in your thoughts, your hearts, and your prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Davis Family! God is so good and I am reminded of that each time I log on to read your story! I wish I lived closer to come to the rally. I think it would be so very helpful to have this kind of information available to share with the families in my church if it were needed one day. You will be in my thoughts and prayers this week as you prepare for the big day on Saturday and for your big trip to Disney!

Anonymous said...

I just adore the photos of the girls, Deb! They are so precious. Fiona is just now starting to make some sounds and Maggie is staring to talk to her as well in "her language". It is amazing how well they adapt. I am excited for you guys as your Disney trip is getting closer. It will be so much fun and a bit more relaxing as you can go at your own pace. Before that though, you have a big weekend ahead and I wish you much success! I so wish we lived closer so that we could attend. It is such a great opportunity for families. Hope things go smoothly for you this week. Love you all, ~The Fitzpatricks

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about your Disney trip take lots of pictures and have a great time, you deserve it
I hope to see you at the Rally on Saturday!

Danielle

Anonymous said...

love the pictures!! and love the stories! i am praying everything goes well this weekend!
we love you
the beasleys

Anonymous said...

hey!! since youa re driving... stop in ATL for a visit!!!

We are so excited for you guys! Have tons of fun!!

"For Thou didst form my inward parts; Thou didst weave me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from Thee, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth. Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Thy book they were all written, the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them."

Psalm 139:13-16